|Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME Motherboard Specification
|CPU||Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors|
|General||Chipset: AMD TRX40
CPU Socket: sTRX4
|Back Panel I/O
USB 1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
7 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
5 x 3.5 mm
1 x S/PDIF
Ethernet / Controller:
2 x Intel X550-AT2 10GbE
2 x Connector
Buttons BIOS Flashback, Clear CMOS
|Memory||Memory Slots: 8 x 288-Pin
Maximum Capacity: 256 GB
Channel Architecture: Quad Channel
ECC Support Non-ECC, ECC Unbuffered
||SATA: 10 x SATA III
M.2: 1 x M Key 2260, 2280, 22110
2 x M Key 2280, 22110
1 x M Key 2280
RAID Support: RAID 0, 1, 10
2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 mode)2 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x8 mode)
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Header (Supports 1 USB Type-C Port)
2 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, Quad-GPU AMD CrossFireX
2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI
1 x 4-Pin CPU
2 x 4-Pin System
3 x 4-Pin Assistant
2 x Thermal Sensor
Liquid Cooling: 1 x 4-Pin Pump
1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
1 x 8-Pin CPU
1 x 15-Pin SATA
Security: TPM Module
LED Header: 4 x RGB
Audio: 1 x Speaker
BIOS Selection, Clear CMOS, Flash BIOS,
Measurement Points, Power, Reset
Add-On: 1 x Thunderbolt Card Header
|Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME Motherboard Comes With 03 Years Warranty
Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME Motherboard Overview:
Push your computing experience to the max with the Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS XTREME TRX4 XL-ATX Motherboard. Designed to take full advantage of the AMD TRX40 chipset’s large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth using third-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors with the TRX4 socket, this XL-ATX is built to deliver high-end performance to enthusiasts and professionals who require top performance to run demanding applications. Time for intensive tasks such as 3D rendering, video editing, gaming, and more can be significantly reduced. Up to 256GB of quad-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 4400 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across eight memory slots. The motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to four M.2 SSDs on board, with another four through the included AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter, and 10 SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, or 10 configurations. Its four PCIe 4.0 x16 slots can accommodate 2-Way, 3-Way, 4-Way, and Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire configurations to maximize your system’s graphical capabilities for high frame rates, connecting 4K and 8K monitors, and faster video rendering times.
The TRX40 AORUS XTREME also pairs the Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec with ESS SABRE 9218 DAC chips to deliver deep and immersive DTS:X Ultra 7.1-channel surround sound. Other features include incredibly fast internet connections via two wired 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports and the built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards using the desktop software or mobile app. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard’s features.
AMD TRX40 Chipset
Supporting third-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, the TRX40 chipset is designed for visual effects artists, data scientists, and other professionals who require high-end computing power. The chipset takes advantage of PCIe 4.0 bandwidth for multi-GPU configurations, NVMe storage arrays, and more. Additionally, the platform supports quad-channel DDR4 ECC RAM with unlocked overclocking for even greater speed and power.
The TRX40 AORUS motherboard features an Infineon multiphase PWM controller, a 16+3 phase for vCore and SOC, and an Infineon TDA21472 Power Stage MOSFET to provide up to 70A of power from each phase, totaling 1330A. This motherboard uses a double copper layer PCB design to efficiently deliver power to critical components at lower temperatures. OC-PEG provides two onboard SATA power connectors, each from a different phase of the power supply, to deliver stable power to 3-Way and 4-Way multi-GPU configurations. Use a multimeter with the Voltage Measurement Points to determine the motherboard’s voltages.
- The Gigabyte Fins-Array extended heatsink, Heatpipe, and thermal base plate work to deliver lower MOSFET temperatures.
- A smart fan is built into the heatsink, featuring several operating modes that are designed to minimize noise and increase longevity according to your preferences.
- The aluminum base plate features a thin thermal conductive NanoCarbon coating to enhance heat dissipation.
- Gigabyte uses Right-Angled Connectors for 90% of pin headers and connectors on this motherboard, located on one side of the motherboard. This design makes cable management easier and enables better in-chassis airflow.
- A Noise Detection function allows you to monitor the level of noise produced by the system’s devices, including the CPU cooler, graphics card, and more, allowing you to address potential problems.
- Thermal guards help to quickly dissipate heat from the M.2 solid-state drives to avoid speed throttling.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer’s noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
Storage and Memory
- Four M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
- Included AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter supports four M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe SSDs up to type 22110.
- Ten SATA III headers are available for hard drives and 2.5″ SSDs.
- RAID 0, 1, and 10 configurations are supported.
- Up to 256GB of quad-channel DDR4-4400 (OC) memory can be installed across eight slots.
AORUS Gen4 AIC Adapter
- 4 x M.2 PCIe 4.0/3.0 Slots
- Supports PCIe x4 NVMe SSDs up to type 22110
- 8 x Temperature Sensors
- 1.9″ Double Ball Bearing Fan
- Supports High-Frequency Memory
- Full PCI Express 4.0 Design
- Read/Write Performance up to 15,000 MB/s
- SSD Thermal Guard
- Easy Software RAID with Single Click
- Custom AORUS Storage Manager
NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX Support
Installing multiple graphics cards will enhance the computer’s performance for demanding tasks such as CAD, 3D rendering, video editing, and more. This motherboard supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX configurations.
- The Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec provides vibrant 7.1-channel surround sound to your speakers.
- Featuring 130 dB SNR, 124 dB DNR, and supporting up to 32-bit 192 kHz PCM, the quad ESS SABRE 9218 DAC chips help to overcome impedance to deliver crystal clear sound to your headphones.
- Gold-plated audio jacks help to ensure a strong connection while resisting corrosion and oxidation.
- A TXC Oscillator is included to provide precise time triggers to digital-analog converters.
- High-grade capacitors are used for feedback signal processing.
- The DTS:X Ultra codec realistically recreates spatial audio experiences for games using almost any headphone of speaker set.
- Dual Intel X550-AT2 10GbE LAN ports are available to deliver a combined 20 Gb/s of bandwidth via a wired connection to compatible devices.
- Intel 802.11ax Wi-Fi enables Gigabit wireless performance for online games and streaming media, with speeds up to 2.4 Gb/s.
- The two adjustable smart antennas are designed to deliver strong and stable Wi-Fi signals.
- Bluetooth 5 offers a faster transmission rate and 4X the range of Bluetooth 4.2.
The front USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port is enhanced with Gigabyte’s USB TurboCharger technology, which is designed to recharge QC 3.0-compatible Android devices and Apple Fast-Charge devices up to 50% in less than 30 minutes.
Designed for Durability
- A stainless-steel shield reinforces the PCIe connectors, providing extra strength to support heavy graphics cards.
- The memory slots include stainless-steel shielding, which is designed to prevent bending, twisting, and distortion in addition to protecting against possible electrostatic interference.
- Solid plated ATX 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors deliver a stable power supply to key components.
- With the Q-Flash Plus feature, you can update the BIOS without having to install a CPU or video card. Simply copy the new BIOS file to a USB flash drive, insert it into the designated port, then press the Q-Flash button.
- The DualBIOS design features a secondary backup BIOS to help recover from computer viruses, hardware issues, and other issues that could endanger your computer.
RGB Fusion 2.0 Lighting
With Gigabyte’s RGB Fusion 2.0 technology, you can customize your computer by installing RGB lighting strips alongside compatible components and peripherals for incredible effects. Lighting profiles that cover your entire system, including the motherboard, video card, and CPU can be configured and controlled using the Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 desktop software or mobile app.